Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Text Scroll Script for VX

Maus

In my game, I want to have scrolling text for the opening narration. I have seen a similar script around for XP, but so far there aren't any for VX. I was wondering if anyone would be so kind as to help me with this?

I might be able to do this for you.
Do you want the background to be black or have a picture as a background?
Is this before the title screen or is it at the start of the game?
Should the player be able to skip the opening narration?
Do you want it to play some music when the text is scrolling?

Over and out - Gando

Maus

THank you for replying!
If possible, I would like the background to be transparent, or as dim as possible to be able to see scenes. This is at the start of the game when the player selects "new Game", so they get a narration. He'll have the option of skipping straight to the action it in the menu screen, so I don't want the player to be able to skip it once the narration has begun. I would like to have music playing, and if possible a scene developing in the background (events moving, etc, through the usual event system). Is that possible?

Yeah, that is possible. I've written a little something something for you, but i wasn't exactly sure what you wanted, so i just threw some stuff together and added a bunch of things so that you can customize it yourself.
And i decided to make a demo so that you can see how to make the events move. The demo is nothing special, really, but it should be enough for you to understand what i mean. And i've commented pretty much everything in the script so that you can understand how to set it all up. But if you don't understand some things, or have any questions or suggestions about the script, don't hesitate to tell me.
Anyways, here is the link to the demo:

http://www.box.net/shared/kealj3ce8s

And as i said, if you have any questions or opinions, don't hesitate to tell me. :thumb:

Over and out - Gando

Maus

I'm not sure if the file link was correct or not, but the link took me to a .rar that had a RPG Maker XP project inside . Is that the correct one? Just making sure :)

Maus

D'uuh, sorry about that, for some reason I ended up opening a previous download I had made a while ago, Snowball's text scrolling script for XP. Sorry, I'll look at the REAL file right now :)

Gando":ysj5g29b said:
Haha, wtf?  are you sure? xD
The file name is "Scrolling text!.rar" right?
Because if i go to the link i provided and download my demo, it is a VX project.. o.O

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.