Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Tetra Master

Well, i am a total noob at scripting and i wonder if someone is able to make a script for the card game of final fantasy IX(i know it's hard but maybe people like Seph can do it).

For the one's that don't know the card game:

When a game of Tetra Master begins, and your cards have been chosen, a 9-spot grid will be place down and several gray blocks will (most likely) be placed over some of the grid spots. Your cards will be shown in blue, on the right. Your opponent's cards will be facedown on the left, in red. As the game begins, a small coin will be flipped to decide who goes first.

Winning a game of Tetra Master merely involves being able to place cards in the right spot, and understanding if you have a chance of "overtaking" other cards. This depends majorly on the arrow arrangement on both cards in question, and the stats that make them up.

Each card has up to eight arrows pointing outward, positioned on the sides or the corners of each card. These arrows determine what happens when a card is placed next to an opponent's card. If the arrow on your card points to your opponent's card, you can convert the enemy's card to blue. If there are no arrows on the two sides or corners of the two opposing cards that are touching, nothing happens. If the enemy card has an arrow, but the card you just played does not, then nothing happens. However, if a card is placed so that an arrow is pointing at a side or corner of an enemy card that does not have an arrow, you capture the enemy card.

When two or more arrows are facing each other, a "card battle" begins. Card battles use the stats of both cards to decide who wins. For example, if a card with a physical attack of 7 took on a card with a physical defense of 3, the opponent card would definitely be flipped. If arrows on your card are facing arrows on more than one card, you must pick which card you wish to "battle" first. Sometimes, after a "battle" has been won, a combo can also take place.

Combo Moves
Combos are a fantastic way to "take" several cards at once. As a general rule, if you overtake one card, any cards that that card points at will also be flipped. The combo can only happen once; that is, a card that was flipped through a combo cannot also flip an opposing card. Regardless, playing Combos to your advantage can turn the tide of a game in one move!

Once a card game is over, the player with the most cards in their color wins. Immediately after the game, you will be able to pick one opponent card. Alternatively, if all of the cards on the grid are blue, a "Perfect" mode happens which allows you to have every single one of your opponent's cards.

Ha! Good luck; I've been wanting this for ages, but Seph is pretty much the only scripter with that sort of ability and he's already got a lot under his belt. Also, the grid is 4x4 (16 spots) in FF9's Tetra Master, I'm not sure if that's what you meant or not.

Also, I'd look for more detailed game mechanics to provide for people willing to tackle this. I'd suggest looking it up on Wikipedia or IGN.com, as they might have more detailed descriptions of how card battles and stats work.

That said, if it helps to get this game made (it'll probably only hurt), I support and endorse this request.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.