Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Testers Wrath (Pending Title)

First; This is my first game on RMVX, the goal of this game is to make a simple RPG to show where I stand when it comes to Writing, Characters and Mapping. So, of course, it'll use RTP - but the true goal is to set a stage for a Sequel, as for the most part I already have both the games planned out roughly. So, the purpose of this thread is to discuss, and receive criticism from the more experienced developers. Please be gentle! :)

Storyline
Four hundred years before the game begins, there was a Sorcerer named Zodin. He worked directly with the King of his nation, and was tasked with a way to end their wars for good. He set out to investigate a shrine located far beneath their castle, and found a seal, which promised an army that couldn't be defeated to those who broke it. Zodin took this as a way to stop wars from effecting them, if they wielded an army that couldn't be stopped.

He released the seal, and didn't get what was expected. Overnight, his home, and kingdom was destroyed by an army of monsters and other foul creatures. Those who survived the slaughter were possessed and used as tools for this army, with Zodin taking the form of their leader. Quickly they attacked the neighboring countries, and almost wiped everyone out, when overnight, the ruined kingdom, and Zodin, simply vanished. Leaving a massive lake where the country once was with only monsters left behind to continue to torment the civilians - in much more manageable numbers.

Now, in the present age, the Kingdom of Cellen, has been trying to push the monsters back to the edge of the continent to exterminate them. A Holy Order of Knights was formed to assist with this task, and are called Paladins by the public. Our hero, falls into this Order, although unwillingly. Little does the kingdom know though, that things don't stay lost forever, and they've engaged in a war that they surely can't win. With the fragile state of the country, with the recent assassination of the queen, and the lords threatening to withdraw their troops from the war effort, the last thing they need is a bigger army of monsters devouring them from behind...

((Now, this is all leading up to where the game begins, I don't know if I should explain what happens throughout the game, or what - so help em out here with questions!))

The Heroes
Cariborne --(Teehee!)
Class: Paladin - Role: Melee Fighter + Healer/Buffs
Our reluctant hero! For the past five years he's been trained in the Paladin Order, not showing much desire to be there, but showing a surprising amount of promise when he does commit himself. unlike the other Paladins he wasn't recruited willingly. There's speculation that his father, an Alchemist in the kings service, took part in the Queen's Assassination, which wasn't helped when his father up and vanished over night shortly before it happened. So, to protect Cariborne from further harm, he was drafted by the King's Commander, and leader of the Paladin Order. For the past few months he's been at the Military Outpost of Fort Southern, keeping the majority of monsters on the borders of Cellen. He's worried that they haven't seen any sign of monsters in the past few days.
Passive Ability: 'Alchemist's Son' - Growing up where he did, his father slowly trained him in the way of medicines and other items, making them more potent in Cariborne's Hands.

Vandole
Class: Warrior - Role: Melee Fighter
One of the angriest people ever. No discussion. Vandole has been a soldier for over 15 years. 10 years ago, he lost his parents in a monster attack that he was watching guard on - because of this he blames himself more then anything, and will look for any reason, true or false, to fight something whether it's a monster or not. He's also willing to travel into battle using anything, whether it's his weapons, his hands, or his own head. Against everyone's wishes, he was brought to Fort Southern, and has been causing problems ever since, but has also been pushing monsters around like it's his job... which it is.
Passive Ability: 'Juggernaut' - Because of his aggressive behavior, and the self abuse he takes when diving into the mouth of a dragon, Vandole takes less damage when he guards.

Frost
Class: Mage - Role: Spellcaster (Offensive and Restoration)
A mage who was found stumbling around Fort Southern recently. No one is quite sure what to make of him, and all they've gotten from him is his name, which leads people to think he came from the Western Portion of the Continent as his name reflects how mages are named in those parts*. Why he's here, and where he was going, is unknown to everyone at this point, possibly even to him.
Passive Ability: 'Overload' - Because of his preferred mental state, Frost has a higher chance of getting critical hits. He's just that lucky.

Desired Scripts
Honestly, the only script I see myself wanting at this point is a Skill Cooldown Script for Vandole. As it is for Cariborne and Frost, they're restricted when it comes to attacks by MP, while Vandole doesn't get MP at all. So, I figured his few skills will have Turn-based Cooldowns so they can't just be spammed, making Attack useless.

Notes
*(Frost) - Where he comes from Mages are named in the way they're discovered. For example, he was found in the arms of his dead parents, in the middle of a snowstorm, while he himself only had a bit of frostbite, so he was named Frost. (Example)

Anywho, it's 3am, and I'm tired - So I'll add to this overtime, but for now, criticize away, let me know what you like and dislike, and suggestions to make it better.

An order of knights up against an immense legion of evil in a land ruled by non-unified land lords! Are those some Dragon Age: Origins parallels I'm seeing?

Maybe just a bit, I've actually been re-working the storyline a bit, so I'll be updating things here and there in the next week or two when I have more time.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.