Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

TBS Shining Force-like Movement!

Hey guys, i'm considering doing a tactics style battle engine for my game in rmxp and have a general idea of how i'm going to do it, but the problem i'm having is figuring out how i'm going to do the tile placement for movement. See screenshot for example:

http://www.fantasyanime.com/shiningforce/images/sf1shot54.png

Can anyone make me a script to display these movement tiles given the number of spaces a character can move. Ex: If a character's movement stat = 5, the script will display these tiles in any combination of 5 tiles that the character could move in like in the screenshot. It would also take terrain values into consideration where it wouldn't display the tile over terrain you can't move on unless you are a flyer or something.

It would also be really awesome if you could call this script through the event editor where you can enter the parameter's of which event's turn it is so that the tiles can center around it, and a variable to determine how many tiles to display. So the script call would be something like: DrawTiles("Event 001, Var: Bob's Mov)

Thanks guys

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.