Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

'Tactic Selection' when entering battle?

I'm thinking of a system where when you first enter battle and selecting 'Fight' option out of 'fight' and 'escape', it would then state a few choices of tactics for the fight with unique bonuses in the particular battle.

E.g. Defensive Stances - damage taken = 90%
Offensive Stances - Damage dealt = 110%

Etc., perhaps more advanced ones such as a chance of reflection, absorbing, counter-attack, or something more creative if possible.

Would be best if it works with RTBS (Cogwheel)~

Just thought it might make battles more customizable to the player's interest.

If anyone's interested in the request, thanks a lot! I'm mostly just throwing the idea out here though.

http://www.dubealex.com/asylum/style_em ... lright.gif[/IMG] Hmmm. I like this idea. Kinda tied up with requests, but I get what you're saying. By default (RTAB or no RTAB), the standard 'DEFEND' in your FIGHT/ITEM/DEFEND... etc menu cuts damage in 1/2 already if hit... but...

If heroes could learn different fighting styles, like martial arts allows, then each fighting style could add or remove benefits too.

Maybe have a fighting style that disallows weapons (big ones - in a hash) and would give an agility and defense bonus, while also reducing attack power.

As it would be best for each actor to have his or her own style, you will want to have it in the main menu (maybe a hot key in the 'status' window if not it's own menu option).

Changing the damage around would be around def update_phase4_step5 or update_phase4_step5(battler) for RTAB.

Jeez, I only started typing and I got this much planned out? It it wasn't for other requests... and I'm just perusing right now.

Oh, hi Cygnea. http://www.dubealex.com/asylum/style_em ... x/bye1.gif[/IMG] And Sephiroth Spawn was here all this time while I was typing!!!

Thanks for the replies, and DerV's ideas are very useful. I was just throwing the general idea's concept out there, and you guys are more creative than me when it comes to this. :p

I feel guilty for requesting though, need to learn scripting myself sometimes ._.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.