Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

switch to pc gaming

Ok, first off; Cheap gaming laptop, not gonna be easy since a ton of them are a little expensive.
Custom build one or purchase a decent one on Ebay.

Second, lag depends on the quality of laptop you purchase.

Third, purchase your games from a DRM client such as Steam, Desura, Gamers Gate, Origin and to a lesser but recognized extent, indie royale. Less worry to deal with viruses among other cr@p.

PC gaming and laptop is a bad combination.

Make sure the laptop has a dedicated GPU and you should at least be able to play new games on lowest settings

PC Gaming and a laptop isn't that bad, Xilef. Just depends how good your Laptop is. I mean, think about it, any game that has come out of console is made to work with technology which is like 7+ years old. I solely game on my laptop these days; going so far as to sell my gaming rig, just because playing on a laptop is more flexible as a Uni Student.

I mean, recently I completed Tomb Raider on this laptop, and I had most things on high; I just made sure 'special effects' like Bloom, HDR and the tessleefx hair was turned off. Admittedly, my laptop is an 2.9 GHz I7, 6GB of 1600MHz RAM... my 'graphics card' is an Intel HD 4000. ;)

£2000 laptop ~= £700 desktop

And the amount of people who leave their laptop plugged in at a desk sickens me, so much wasted money on such little power

In answer to additional questions, you get the games from anywhere, Steam tends to be the cheapest digital distributor and the virus risk scales with user ignorance, so it shouldn't be a problem

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.