Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Suikoden Recruiting Script & Suikoden 2 Army Battle Script

:cry: so I love this game series Suikoden and I wanted to know if someone could make a script for me as the title says! (so read that) to be brief...

Recruiting System:
-Talk to a person
-Meet the requirements (if any Example: You must have 12 people recruited, OR You need to be level...)
-Expand castle after recruited (like add the person to a exsisting room or create a new floor or room and add them there)
-Increase the army by a given amount

Army Battle Script-
-Just like chess give a horizontal/Vertical area to move (foot soldiers 1 square either way Horse soldiers 5 up and across but diagnoally fill in area between the given points)
-It has a Rock Paper Scissors game style... (Charge>Archers, Archers>Spellcasters, Spellcasters>Charge, Defend>Blocks 35% of damage from the attack)
-16x16 Movement Grid
-Leader Unit that if dead game over

Sorry if this is TOO brief but I need someone to script systems like those and for those reasons please if anyone could help I'll credit you (seriously the credits would have your name like Highlighted Gold and repeated alot lol) I'd pretty much love you for it (haha like a brother of course nothin gay...) so yeah anyone please? and thanks in advance. (I would get screenies but alas... I havent found any mainly because suikoden 2 is a rare game... :cry:)

Hey about Suikoden 2, so I found a ROM of it (lucky for me I also have a playstation and could legally play it) and if someone who thinks they could handle this script request wants a screenie tell me and I can go and get one (lol I'm half way in the game now) that way you could see what it looks like (in action) so yeah anyone really please I need help!  :shock:

cairn

sounds like a nice idea, I wouldn't mind a system for the wars in Suikoden 2 and the newest games of the series.
If you could get someone to make it, you will have a powerful tool in your hands my friend.

Yeah I know I wanna use it in my new game but I guess everyone is too busy my game is only 5% done now and to go any further I need the scripts because I wanna make a great game thats fun but yeah... no one has replied I got my own sprites and tiles and music and items and well everything just these two scripts is all I need I would do it myself but I don't know how to script at all :[.

DerVVulfman":3m0waziq said:
WAR!  An event system from Kamau's Legion Saga game (RM2K).  Now translated for RPGMakerXP.

First one that used the Suikoden War system for RM2K.
Oh thanks yeah I played that game it also had the recruiting system but I think that was more or less just events. OH also I noticed in testing it out that bow doesnt beat staff when the hero uses it D: NEVER MIND FIXED IT lol...

Sabao

Sponsor

Actually, for the recruitment system, events really ought to be the way to go. Scripting is just over complicates things, different characters have different requirements and all. It would actually be a lot easier and faster on events than on script.

sabao":2wif9qrq said:
Actually, for the recruitment system, events really ought to be the way to go. Scripting is just over complicates things, different characters have different requirements and all. It would actually be a lot easier and faster on events than on script.
yeah but when I was using events before I got a charector that makes the castle huge (like it was suppose to) then went back and got a charector that made it the 2nd stage before the 3rd and I lost the char that made it big and the bigger extension.

Sabao

Sponsor

I really don't know what you did, but in theory it's pretty simple.

Just set a variable counting how many heroes you've recruited, then run a common event checking the number of heroes attained and prepare a switch that would unlock the sections of the castles.

If a section of a castle is only attainable by getting a certain character, then create a separate switch for that. It's all in the switches, really. If you were to implement this system in script form, I'd think it would still work the same way in the end.

sabao":1uiqokms said:
I really don't know what you did, but in theory it's pretty simple.

Just set a variable counting how many heroes you've recruited, then run a common event checking the number of heroes attained and prepare a switch that would unlock the sections of the castles.

If a section of a castle is only attainable by getting a certain character, then create a separate switch for that. It's all in the switches, really. If you were to implement this system in script form, I'd think it would still work the same way in the end.
eep common event? all I can do involving switches is the switch on the event itself...

Everytime you recruit a character, increase the variable by 1, let's call it "Recruited Characters." Now, on the event where you enter your castle, have it check the variable with an If case. If "Recruited Characters" is equal to or above, lert's say, 25, you get teleported to the larger castle. When it's 50 or above, you get teleported to the final expanded castle...

Get it?

Rubicant":1vvwd428 said:
Everytime you recruit a character, increase the variable by 1, let's call it "Recruited Characters." Now, on the event where you enter your castle, have it check the variable with an If case. If "Recruited Characters" is equal to or above, lert's say, 25, you get teleported to the larger castle. When it's 50 or above, you get teleported to the final expanded castle...

Get it?
Kinda...

cairn

from personal experience I'll give you a lil hint. For every new character you recruit, you create a variable increase of +1. Let's say you have a world map. On the transfer of the to the castle you place a conditional branch checking the number of characters recruited. Make different maps for the character amounts in the castle, otherwise you might get with some problems later. So, when you have the event to transfer the player to the castle, make something like:
If Variable001 >= 10 transfer player to castle01
If Variable001 >= 20 transfer player to castle02
And so on.

Okay I started to understand the variable a little more (since I just learned about them from DerVVulfman's WAR) I tried making the castle just events which worked but the only problem now is setting it so you do not have to recruit charectors in order because every +1 makes the charector join you BUT now in order to get another charector you HAVE TO find the next charector in the sequence.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.