Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Status Effect Script

I'm looking for a script that during battle, will allow all the status effect animations to be shown at once.

Let's say for instance that Player A is poisoned, which has an animation of green bubbles. If he then gets a status effect called Burn, where the animation is of him flashing red, I would like for the red flashing and the green bubbles to be present, along with any other status that may be inflicted on him, instead of just the animation of whichever status has the highest priority.

I'd like to bump that and add another request if possible. If the above is not possible (or hard to do), could someone post a way of showing the LAST status inflicted? I mean, using the above example, When Burn is added after poison, it's (burn) animation is displayed and only when it disperses, will the bubbles be shown (if the poison status is still valid, that is)

Pretty please for at least a hint :eek::

Wow, this may be a great reliever :D Unfortunately, I've created several 'Normal' conditions that hide various mechanisms. The script, therefore, would from time to time say the character is 'normal'. Can the script be changed into leaving out all states called eg 'Normal'?

No, I haven't, I was affraid it's not what I need, but now... BIG thanks :)) I just need to check whether all cond that should have an animation have one :)

EDIT: Darn, all I get is a ????? 'Skrypt Status Cycle' ? 2 ??? Syntax Error ????????

I DID mention I'm using RM XP, right? :| No, it seems not (now I feel really dumb :| ). Is that the version problem (the topic mentioned it was using some XP system..)?

If you mean not copying the numbers at the begining of each line then, yeah, I've ommitted them, but now I see they are inserted into the script anyway. Now I've turned them off, copied the script as I should and get this

????? 'State Cycling' ? 15 ??? No Method Error ????????
undefined method 'Include' for Game_battler:class

(State Cycling is how I called the script, but I guess that's obvious)

This is the first script I really want to include (otherwise I'd have to rearrange all states + skills, items, blah blah blah), so I don't think it's about alien script interaction ;)

Oh.. my... freakin'.... ;D Forgot that the letter case DOES matter a lot ;D

Checked it and it works :)))

It does not change the name of the state, but that's nothing, maybe even better ^_^ Thanks a lot Atoa :))

(You'll be in the credits for sure ;) ;P )

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.