Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Stargate

Stargate Universe series 2 is actually rather good, it's a shame the first series was completely shit. Honestly, I stopped watching half way through series 1 because it was so awful. There was nothing stargatey about it, and the whole "lol social media times lets have an indie style camera with rocky bad footage because that's cool" angle ruined it for me.

Series 2, however, so far has been good. Not as good as early SG-1, and probably not as good as Atlantis either, but certainly watchable.

I started watching Stargate as a kid, when Series 2 aired. The first episodes I saw were the one with the Russian gate for the first time, and the episode with Teal'c turning slowly into a hive of spaceflies...

Fusty

Sponsor

I LOVED Stargate SG-1 (I watched all the episodes again not too long ago) and somewhat enjoyed Atlantis, I've never watched Universe though and I don't think I ever will.
It's probably a good show but I'll probably end up comparing it to SG-1 which pretty much ruins it for me because I don't think they can ever top that serie.

On a side note, I heard something about a new Stargate SG-1 movie coming soon¿?

I only liked one of the SG-1 films. I didn't even watch the end of Ark of Truth. But the one with Baal was fantastic, if a little too much like Mobius (last two episodes of Series 8).

Still, a new film might be good!

Stay clear of at least series one of Universe. You will be disappointed.

Fusty

Sponsor

Yeah the movies were pretty mediocre tbh.

Oh and I did some quick research and the new movie (Stargate Revolution) has been canceled. :<

After Revolution spent more than two years in limbo, Brad Wright announced on April 17, 2011, that MGM would not be producing this or any other Stargate movies in the near future. The script has been written, but Stargate: Revolution will most likely not be produced.

It's a real shame, I was really looking forward to it!

Damn. I'd love to see a continuation of SG-1.

I do think that the Ori storyline should have either been a spinoff series or a feature film though!

Fusty

Sponsor

I do think that the Ori storyline should have either been a spinoff series or a feature film though!

Yeah you're right about that, series should have ended after season eight, I mean in season 9 both O'Neil and General Hammond left and as a replacement we got Cameron Mitchell and Hank Landry who completely copied the other characters behaviour.
The least the could have done was give them their own personalities.

Oh and let's not forget that they killed off that awesome doctor whatshername a while before that :<

I think it was in the break between series 8 and 9. He left the show because he was ill, afaik.

A sad loss, he and Walter really made the show!

Fusty

Sponsor

Walter was awesome, seriously, if a show can make people appreciate such a minor character they've done an excellent job!!
I simply cannot think of a character before season 9 that wasn't amazing in some way ~

I've always found people are either a Stargate person or a Startrek person for some reason. I'm both, but I'm a much bigger Stargate nerd.

The question is which is better: the series, or the 1994 film?

candle

Sponsor

i hate to tell you this, wyatt, but SG-U was canceled, and the final episode aired last week in the states. it leaves so many things hanging, most likely because it was planned as a season finale not series finale (show finale for you. your series are our seasons)

I heard it might happen but didn't realise it was a dead cert :(

That means Stargate as a whole is now cancelled.

This is terrible news. :<

No more stargate... :cry: that is sad...however I do prefer Stargate SG1, it just worked really well, that is the one thing that me and my dad have in common, We loved it,
I do miss Don S Davis he was a great actor..*sighs*
But when O Neil left..it died for me, they couldn't pull off his awesome sarcasm... The actor who played him was in the original film as well wasn't he?

The original film had a completely different cast, but the TV cast did a good job of being them, especially Daniel Jackson (I was convinced Daniel was the same actor until I read the credits). Unless you mean the pilot episode(s) which retained the same cast as the TV show.

Wow, the TV series was really really well cast, I remember the original series now...I think I may have got confused with the pilot, but I agree now I remember which one the film is :blush: James Spader was the original actor who played Daniel, I also thought it was the same, until you just told me otherwise and I checked on Wikipedia (gotta love Wikipedia lol)

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.