Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Star Ocean 3 CMS (Modified)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Star Ocean 3 CMS (Work in Progress)
Latest version 1.5 by stupidstormy36

Hey I posted this on http://www.creationasylum.net and decided to post it here. Here is the link to that topic. The demo is posted below in this post.

http://www.creationasylum.net/index.php?showtopic=21848&st=0#entry243665

Here's a screen shot for you guys!

Screen002.jpg

**NEW**

Demo Link:

Megaupload:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=W0Y592KR **UPDATED**

MediaFire:

http://www.mediafire.com/?ziq9m12fdzy **UPDATED**

NOTE: This overwrites any other CMS you maybe using and aliases the initialize method of the Game_System class. This is only compatible with XP as far as I know. I don't have VX yet.

Any questions, just let me know. Any feedback is welcome too.

You clearly didn't think this through.  Ignoring the fact that this was made with the illegal version, there is also:

1.) You can't exit out of the save submenu (before you actually go to the save menu).  EDIT: My bad, you can, just not by all of the "cancel" keys.
2.) Everything outside of the main menu is default.
3.) Exiting out of the save menu places your cursor over the config option.
4.) Everything outside of the default isn't done.

I'm severely not impressed.

I'm sorry I'll look into those. I'll fix it as necessary. I'll let you people know when it's updated.

EDIT: The CMS has been heavily Modified to suit the needs for this site. Thanks Atemu for catching that.

Better!

Couple of nitpicks though.

1.) Lose the black shadow behind the text in the menu options.  It's disgusting. Stick with outlined text.
2.) While I appreciate the desire to make it a lot like the original menu right down to the config menu, I don't think RMXP even ALLOWS for controller vibration.
3.) Exiting out of the save menu without saving gets a game crashing error.

Also, please don't link off site.  I didn't say anything before 'cause I thought you would change it when you updated.  It doesn't take much to copy and paste, so please do so.

Yes I noticed the save error too. But it should now be fixed. Check it again. The demo link is now on this page.

The black shadow behind the text in the menu options is giving me problems. It supposed to be outlined text. I'm still working on it.

And, yes I'm aware of the lack of vibration. I will get rid of that option and add a new one.

Thanks for the input Atemu.

Gotta go. Be back tomorrow, maybe.

It looks good. Is it open for public use? ( I assume it is, seeing as how it's on the submitted scripts section, but it's better to be safe then sorry though)

Hmm, will there eventually be support for more party members? SO3 had a max of eight I believe. I believe an option to change the party around is also missing. Everything else was already pointed out by the others.

But other than that, this is a pretty impressive menu. Nice work so far.

A lot of bad things that must already have been said but overall better than anything i can do. I will post screenshots of things people may have not bring up yet like the configuration sub-menu, the default menu when backing up from quit and the inventory descriptions of objects.

Yes by all means, use it. Just credit me, that's all.

I can try to upload to mediafire in the near future, but right now I am busy and I will be gone for a while, so please be patient.

Looks like I can actually do some good.

I am still trying to debug the script so that will be updated as necessary.

Thank you everyone.

Please specify any errors as I may not know what you're talking about. However, I will still look into it.

There will be a big overhaul on the project, so until it's finished.

EDIT: Now uploaded to mediafire. Refer to the first post for link.

Sorry for the Double-Post (if this is what this is or if it's just a Bump or whatever), a couple of announcements.

Fixes:

1: Now uploaded to mediafire. Refer to the first post for link.

2: Scene_Quit now exits out to the SO3 main menu upon cancel.

3: Save function fixed.

New Features:

1: Now supports up to 3 party members and 8 reserved members on the main menu. Only Scene_Status is fully compatible with this.
  Other Scenes are being worked on. Note: do not change the following in the SS36_Setup module:

a. Party_Size

b. Reserve_Size

Everything else in that module can be modified.

2: New party switcher, not completed.(work in progress) Actually, I may need help with this one. (Available through the map only.)

3: Now supports one weapon, one armor, and two accessories to be equiped.

Updated links in first post.

More features to be released pending progress.

Thank you and enjoy! Please reply anything useful. I mean anything.

Unless it's just fan work, maybe you should terminate the non rpg maker features. I know it has already been said but it was still in the last demo you posted.

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by non-rpg maker features. Please specify.

Do you mean certain items in the config menu or is it something else?

Thank you.

-stupidstormy36

Hi everyone. I'm just letting you all know that I am not going to be able to work on this CMS for a while. I lost my PC recently and am now typing this in using my PS3. However, all my data pertaining to the RMXP projects were stored on an external hard drive.

This does not mean I will not work on this anymore. As soon as I can get a new PC, I'll resume my work. Until then, please be patient.

Sorry about the inconvenience. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.