Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

SPRITE EDIT (funny thing I JUST realized I could do)

Eventing_Guy

Awesome Bro

First I want to know "what you think about this Edit?"

lolwrf.png

Funny Trick I learned...
I was playing around with what color I would like to make sprites
when I thought of something.

I wondered what would happen if used "Printscreen"
to copy what was on my screen.

pasted it into MS paint and sure enough I got this.

- What do you think of this?
- Do you think YOU will use this trick now?
- ...... Have you?

maybe this should be pinned. LOL

regi

Sponsor

Looks like all your computer did was paste it in negative colors.

This isn't all that spectacular; in fact, most image-editing software can change hue, saturation, etc. of an image pretty easily. Perhaps if you desaturated the blue/green and made the colors more aesthetically pleasing, you could pull it off.

I'm pretty sure this is just a screenshot from the colour slider built into RMXP, regi. If so, I don't understand why you think this is at all miraculous, or even helpful in the least. :/

Eventing_Guy

Awesome Bro

Ya, it was from the slider...

Well In my head I was thinking that you might like a certain shade of clothing here, with with a certain hair color there, ect.

Maybe it's not ground breaking tecknology, but for spriters like me who use MS paint still, it can be useful. :cry:

From one MS-Painter to another, get GIMP for recolours. It's pretty much the one thing those kinds of programs have over Paint, (for sprites, of course- they can do all sorts of crazy shit) except for transparency stuff, but they do recolours really fast and let you basically use a more advanced hue slider on any part of the character's body. Plus, I think you should have at least one Photoshop-style program just for when little editting things and whatnot come up. It helps!

It's a start, haha. Next step: change slider a bit, print screen, then cut out just one part, and paste it on the old one - easy recolours. From there you can learn better ways and so on.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.