Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Sprite battles

Mean1

Hey guys, Sorry I have not been on in a while, been busy with a job and college stuff, anyways....
ok so I am back and reving the engine on a new game for VX. What I am in need of however is a different kind of script for battling. Ok so you have your sideview battle right? you see Ralph and his party and they are up against a Skeleton. The Skeleton however is a 2-D flat paper enemy. Boring I say, boring. What I am looking for is a script that will allow me to battle other sprties. like for example, lets say there is a spit in the party and you have to fight one of your members. Like Rachel decides to go to the dark side and you have to now fight her. I am wanting to fight her sprite. In turn though I have aboutu 20 or so monster sprites that have been made for this purpose. Anything available for me?

Also if it is possible, can it be done with out a script. Like a fancy event or something? A script wouuld be better though thanks

Well you can't make Racheal walk over to the otherside in the middle of a battle...okay so this what you do

1 - Make sure you have Racheal in your party
2 - Make an event with a Racheal sprite
3 - Click on the white box
4 - Click on Show Message and type in something what that character needs to say
5 - Click the white box again and click Change party member then go through your list until it's the character you want then instead of adding that character choose remove then click ok
6a - If you haven't already put Racheal as an enemy do so
6b - Now click on the three on the event page and click Battle Processing...

It's basically straight forward

Mean1

Thats where I am having this issue though. Making a sprite an enemy. I have the event set up but making her as an enemy is where I am lost. I want to make it to where I am fighting a moving sprite such as myself.

Okay here's how to resolve your problem

1 - Open 2 Paint documents
2 - Open the Racheal sprite sheet in one
3 - Leave the other document for now
4 - Go back to the document with the sheet in and copy and paste the sprite that is standing and facing right
5 - Paste the sprite in the other document
6 - Move the sprite to the upper left corner
7 - Resize it 70 Width and 70 Height aka 70X70
8 - Save it as a PNG
9 - Open VX
10 - Press F10 this opens resource manager
11 - Click Import on Battlers
12 - Click my recent documents and scroll all the way down to find your file the PNG
13 - Left click on the background then click ok
13 - Goto the Database
14 - Make an enemy called Racheal
15 - Click the blue checkered box
16 - Now choose the one with Racheal in
17 - Drag Racheal to the left side
18 - Goto Troops
19 - Make a Troop called Racheal if you want to make a stronger version simply make another one
20 - Click Apply and Ok

Phew

Mean1

I guess maybe I should have stated I have a side view battle system. My characters walk up to the enemy and attack with the weapon you have equipped. I am wanting the same thing for the monsters and other sprites to do. I guess Its a bit hard to explain really. Just dont worry about it guys. I will figure something out.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.