Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Sprinting and magic casting weapons

Anyone know of a running or sprinting script, such as hold shift to run and while running a bar pops up and drains till you stop running. If thats not able, just a normal run button would work too (no bar)

The second thing was about magic casting weapons. Such as in Final Fantasy some weapons were fire element and would do normal damage then follow up with a fire spell. Is there any way at all to do that?

Haki

For running whitout a bar use this code.
Press "W" to run.
Code:
class Game_Character
  attr_accessor  :move_speed
end

class Game_Player

alias new_update update
def update
  if Input.press?(Input::R)
    self.move_speed = 6
  else
    self.move_speed = 4
  end
  new_update
end
end
I didn't test it so I don't know if it works, but it should work.

Yes it does, thank you .

Edit: Now something new has come up. Im looking to give my character a transform skill, such as later in the game after he gets the ability, the same commands be up "attack, specail, defend, item" but I want to edit it to add one more under it all "transform" (kinda like Breath of Fire)

When he transforms, I want it to change his battler graphic and skill sets. As far as that goes, I think I would just create a new person and somehow link his level to my characters.

So...aside from all that, I mainly need a way to add a new battle command later in the game to just one person.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.