Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Spells cast with runes/items, not mana.

Runes/item casting

Detailed Description:
If you have played runescape*twitch* >.O before you will know exactly what I am talking about.
Spells require certain amounts of different types of runes to cast them. For existence, You want to cast Fire ball, it will require two fire runes and a soul rune(or whatever). as long as you have those items in your inventory you can cast your spell. Every time you cast the spell the required runes decrease by however many the spells used require.
Next to each spell it should display and icon with a number to show what runes and the quantity of each needed to cast it. Um...i don't think theres more to explain...Runes need to be stack able and if you can go over hte limit of 99 items in a stack then that would be great, though not necessary. This needs to work with the XAS abs.

Alright, I tihnk I covered everything. Hope it made sense.

-Fangy-

XP - Skills that Consume Items (Non-RTAB)
Orignally by Cogwheel (December 9, 2004)
Edit by DerVVulfman (August 19, 2006)
Originally designed for RTAB users, the original japanese script allowed you (the creator) to design spells that use (or consume) items as well as SP. Now, this script is available for those game-designers who want that same functionality for Non-RTAB systems.

You can use that as a basis which allows items to be used in place of (or along with) SP points. Mebby someone can help out and add the rest?

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.