Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Spell Potency Script..

Now, I've had this idea for a while. But suppose, spells didn't take just a certain amount of MP, and you couldn't use it after you didn't have enough. Thats boring and simple, and linear.

Potency: The power or strength of.

Suppose, your "MP", or in this case, SP, was the percentage strength of your spells! And each spell you used, decreased your spell potency by a certain %.

Certain events, maybe when the moon is overhead, and your an elf, could raise your spell potency, over 100.

And when you reached a certain low % of Spell Potency, like 30% Spell Potency, % wouldn't be taken away anymore. Afterall, who would keep using spells when they only do 30% of their effectiveness anyways?

I've always thought this idea was pretty neat, but it would take a whole mess of events to create a system like that, especially for every spell you make.

So here comes the idea, SCRIPTS! I can't script for my life, but I know other people can. And maybe for 3 or 4 lives at that. So heres my proposition:

Create a Script for Spell Potency, for the availibility and use of everyone that wants it. And I'm sure you find it ingruiging, at the least.

What would be nice in a script for Spell Potency
-Of course, multiplying the effectiveness that would be 100% of the spell, by the % of SP you have. Effectiveness includes status effect dealing, not only damage too. xD

-Making your minimum SP 30, and the maximum SP 130, representing the %. 30% to 130%.

-If possible, make it so that you can use Spells no matter what, even if you have 30 SP.

-If possible, so that SP Potions would only heal to 100% or 100 SP, and maybe some rare ones heal higher than that.

-The ability to be able to set the SP to a certain amount, for use in cutscenes or game events.

-Any other things people may want.

Remember, this script isn't for me, although it'd be nice to save for future reference. I AM making an ABS game, anyways. If anyone would be interested in this, keep it alive. Its just a random idea I had, anyways. I know its possible to make, I just wanted to share it.

If no one's interested, whatever. Haha. xD

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.