Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Special attacks when HP are low

Hey!
I want a script;
should be like this:

When the chara's HP are low, then they should be YELLOW.
And then the 'Attack'-Command should change to 'SPECIAL!' (maybe green or variously colored).
And logically you can set various skills and use them instead of normal attack, like Limit breaks.

It's the same as in Final Fantasy VIII when HP are low, so you can do special attacks like Renzokuken for Squall.

Hope it's not a too hard request....;)

Final Griever

sandgolem":1vhrbnei said:
Have you tried searching for limit break?

That'd be a pretty good idea, I've seen a bunch of these scripts. Plenty to pick from.

Yeah, BUT;
if i have found sth good, i want to load the Demo- and there is the 404 "Watch it, Sklick!" error with that girl.
And DerVVwulfman's crushes, because something is with line 41 and so on..... :(

jbrist":2stxm3y6 said:
I made an evented tutorial of this called SOS Skills (Based on FFX), I have the demo somewhere if you want it, just lemme find it (Bare in mind its from ages ago and I've improved ALOT since then, gonna redo it):
http://www.box.net/shared/qj216xu88k

Hope it helps

Mh...sry.
That's not exactly that what i meant.
I meant that FIGHT changes to something like Limit.

But how do you do it? There no script in it though.....^^ '

You could use Tricksters Advanced Battlecommands to do so! I'm not completely sure whether you can also change the font color but that could be easily done. Depends though if you want it to appear rather random than definate, like in FFVIII. That could be a little tricky, since  - I think I got that right - you want the usual Attack command to dissappear, whenever Special is usable. BUt nothing is impossible!

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.