Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Special Action Battle System

I've really tried this with events, but I've run into a big bump in the road.

I could continue this, but, well, scripts are easier  :dead:

Anyway, basically, this could be built off of another simple ABS. 

Here's how it goes:

Basically, this will be for a Super Smash Bros type game.  Each character will have to have a differently mapped moveset.  That's the problem I've run into.  Here's how its played.

W - normal physical attack

A - special attack 1
S - special attack 2
D - special attack 3

If, in the script or somehow, I could individually map out what each button does for each character's attack, it would make everything easier.

I really don't know what else how to explain it.  Each character will have completely different special attacks, so I can't have a scripter do it.

Sorry if this may seem difficult.  Basically it must be extremely user edittable...and easy to edit.

If this doesn't get fulfilled, I'll spend 6 months trying to find out how to event this. 

Anyone who does this can make their own character for the game. PM for details.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.