Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Sonic the hedgehog style game in RPG maker. Not VX plz.

hi...um...i was wondering if anyone had any scripts to make a game like...Sonic the hedgehog or super paper mario style. Need it for my latest game...btw...if you can manage to make it with events and send me the link through PM that'd help too thanks  :thumb:

i want it to include.
the sprites for with the script.
an easy way to edit them without the sprites freezing.
a charged up attack that could be used for a special thing my sonic character is going to do.
a method of getting more than one character to follow you around.

sorry if it seems awkard and for bugging you all with this request but i really need it.

no offence but even putting this in the requests section would be useless.
1. your asking for an evented system for a 2D game? your kidding right?
2. your asking for 90% of the system to be made for you and it to be made simple enough for someone to just tap a couple of buttons and poof you have yourself a working sonic game
3. 'rpgmaker' xp /vx... rpg? sonic? try keeping to what its meant for and not asking someone to completely rebuild rmxp for one game... and for someone else... thast my job and its for me only.

try asking something standard that is actually possible (i say that because a working 2D sonic game with the velocity and pixelmovement blablabla would lag like hell (my guess)).

I suggest you give up on making this in RPG Maker. The name should give you a pretty big clue. It's called RPG Maker, not Platform Game Maker.

There are plenty of programs you could make a Sonic fangame in. I recommend Game Maker, The Games Factory 2, or Multimedia Fusion 2.

moog

Sponsor

Dann Woolf":1n96mh65 said:
I suggest you give up on making this in RPG Maker. The name should give you a pretty big clue. It's called RPG Maker, not Platform Game Maker.

There are plenty of programs you could make a Sonic fangame in. I recommend Game Maker, The Games Factory 2, or Multimedia Fusion 2.

It is very possible to make a platformer in RPG Maker by simply breaching the maker; it just takes time, effort and experience with coding. A script might have already been made, though. Darkmousy, did you search it first?

trust me... it would lag... ruby isnt really made for game producing... its 3D capabilities are terrible and the way rmxp handles data is even worse... if only someone could work out the code and libraries for rmxp then you could rebuild it in ruby itself... now THAT would be good

otherwise no... dont even attempt it... its stupid

moog

Sponsor

mechacrash":2zvpn9fj said:
trust me... it would lag... ruby isnt really made for game producing... its 3D capabilities are terrible and the way rmxp handles data is even worse... if only someone could work out the code and libraries for rmxp then you could rebuild it in ruby itself... now THAT would be good

3D? What? I thought he wanted a 2D style platformer?

otherwise no... dont even attempt it... its stupid

That's great encouragement.

theres no need for encouragement... ruby isnt a good code system for games... full stop... it just doesnt have the functionality it needs (although its REALLY easy to pick up compared to any other code i've used).

and i was just using 3D as another comparison... basically think... everything made on ruby would be better in python or Perl... and your done)

Yeah. Now that you mention it it is a pretty stupid idea and really impossible to pull off.
You can close this topic if you like. I've given it some thought and yeah...Game maker would be such a massively better idea for me to use.

Sorry about making such a pointless and impossible request.
(just so you know i hadn't really thought about it by the time i posted this topic so i didn't really think it'd be impossible to do at that point plus i searched and found exactly nothing that came even close to this sort of thing) I'll think before i post next time.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.