Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Something new... Can it be done?

Hello!
Have you guys ever played games such as Legend of Dragoon, or Legend of Legaia? If so then you know how awesome and original there battle systems are.
I am here to see if there are any talented scripters that can take on the challenge of replicating those battle systems for RPG Maker VX use. Although this will take lots of skill and effort, it would truly be amazing. From the little scriptin knowledge I understand, it ma even be possible to make them work with battle systems created already! Now I will describe how the two systems work.

Legend Of Dragoon

This battle system is based on the timing of the player. A targeting system (starting from around the screen cuing in on the enemy) forms around the enemy, when the target hits a marker you press the action button you have completed one attack. (If you press the action button to early or to late you miss) Naturally, when you do this in succession, you will preform a special move at the end. (How many times you have to complete the attack depends on the Special move, depending on how strong the move is, the faster the target moves to the marker). I will put a video just in case my explanation isn't clear.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_JSwimezH4

Too skip to an attack, go straight to 2 minutes.

Legend of Legaia

This is a rather simple system compared to LoD. With this system you would get a chart like this:

Item
Attack + Magic
Spirit

But that's not all. Once you choose attack, it will give you options:

Up
Left + Right
Down

And you would enter commands (You enter less commands when your low level, but once you gain more levels you get to choose more commands.)
Based on what commands you choose, that's where your character would attack. Different combos lead to different special attacks, using Spirit. (spirit is guard as well as regaining spirit points.) Again, a video in case I am not clear.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTWyqKZJN_U&feature=related

The fighting starts very shortly.

Now I'm not saying this appeals to everyone, but I know many who love, and cherish these battle systems. I happen to be one of them. Also, I'm no scripter, but I know this will take hard work. If it can be done, then I would appreciate if someone tried. Or at least tell me if its possible. This is a request and a Idea, so feed back would be nice. Good day!

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.