Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Some Pointers

I just started this week and I think im making some progress so, my question is has some one come up with a battle system similar to "Secrets of Evemore" (or "Chrono Trigger") (If dont know or remember this games use link below), in my story the main character has a pet that helps him around. Im not asking for someone to make one I just need pointers,:thumb: but any help will be apreciated.
http://www.gamespot.com/snes/rpg/secretofevermore/index.html
http://www.gamespot.com/snes/rpg/chronotrigger/index.html?q=chrono trigger

Jason

Awesome Bro

gromstone;127542 said:
In my story the main character has a pet that helps him around.

Helps him in what way ?

Please explain more and I may be able to help, although I'm not a scripter, I'm exceedingly good with Switches, Variables, and Conditional Branches

Helps: In combat By attaking, healing, combine atk/mag and rebith. But I only want the pet to assist the character, the player will not have control of the pet in combat, unless he chose to use a combination atk/mag. While traveling the character can ride his pet(after a certain lv, his pet grows with exp), gain access to new areas(by jumping, swimming, climbing) by changing form (certain optional and story fight will give the ability to change form). . . jejejeje I think im asking to much, But im so in to having the combat system like "Chrono Trigger" or "Secrets of Evemore" that im only working with that. Anyway if you can help with any of that I will try to help out in anyway I can.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.