Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Some kind of soccer script

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have made an event with c. branches, that if you walk left to a rock, it moves to the left...
Now the request, I want, that if the rock (the ball) is in the goal, there comes a screen: Goal!
And somewhere above the field, there is a score (e.g. if you scored, you will get 1.0, or something, if the other team scored, 0.1)

Heres a screen of the event, and the field:
http://img130.imageshack.us/img130/1629 ... eldyo0.png[/img]

and of the event:
http://img70.imageshack.us/img70/9076/v ... entbz3.png[/img]

Mind sending a demo, i'd love to have a play around, I like the look of this script and i'll try to help you develop it more. In answer to your question, store the X and Y co-ordinates of the variable (ball) and check them against the goal...

Just put an event that checks if the position of the ball is the same position of the goal.
A Parallel process that goes on checking the X and Y position and with conditional brantches you check if the position is the same...

-> make a new Event.
-> Paralell Process
-> First, save the coordinates of the ball into 3 variables
--> f.e. Variable[1] = event?s Ball_X Coordinate
--> f.e. Variable[2] = event?s Ball_Y Coordinate
--> f.e. Variable[3] = event?s Ball_Terrain Tag

-> In the same event make a conditional branch and ask, if the Balls Field has Terrain 7

-> If yes, show the Message "GOAL"
-> If not, make a wait of 0.2 (!important!)

Now change to the database --> Tilesets --> Selevt the Tileset you?ll use for the Soccer-Map
choose an empty Tile ( !not the Tile upper-left!) and set the terrain to "7".

now change back to the mapping screen. choose the 2nd or 3rd layer and as tile, choose the empty one with terrain 7. Now Overmap all things into the goal, so the goal is filled with Terrain 7 Tiles.

that?s all

-coughs- I guess I could make it where you can kick the ball...Hard..With events...and I could make the Score thingy too..but not making it show up all the time. Just when you score...

EDIT:: -coughs again- I am just going to make a whole Soccer system(1 on 1) with events...then i will put it on savefile and put it on here..You have to credit me thou...(You can credit yourself for the idea XD)

Stuff in the SS(Soccer System)
-Hard kick
-Kick at angles
-Hard kick at angles
-Kick the ball up into the air

^^ i don?t want a race of the best soccers.. my one is complete with menu, Team-Editor and player-creator, own Stadiums and tricklist-Editor and synchro of the commentator XD

If another is better... ok.. nothing to say against it.

atm i make the ball-thing ( because the ball is shown with a picture )...

My Status is:

Menu: 98%
Player/Team editor: 100%
NPC actions ( playing ): 90%
Player-Engine: 70%

I am thinking of adding a story mode.. but i?m not sure...

If you want, if I get two systems, I'll choose the best, and the best will be credited.
Edit: Oh, sir, that story mode, is that that you must win games and than get higher on a ranking list? If so, I would be very pleased if you do, other its not needed.

Draken;194785":3owbqzav said:
Oh god, damn Americans.

I hate the name Soccer... It's just not right! ITS FOOTBALL DAMMIT.

We call it soccer so we don't confuse your football with our football.

BTW, really looking foreward to the soccer system. I'd help if I was a scripter, but I'm not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.