Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

socketing system~

Seda

Alright, so I tried looking around and couldn't seem to find any scripts to match what I was looking for (although they were close!). I am currently using RMXP.
I am looking for something similar to the "Materia System" of Final Fantasy VII. Almost forgot to mention I am using Mr.Mo's SBABS lite 2.0, and Moghunter's Menus.

What I am looking for is:
-To be able to choose what weapons and armors have slots.
-To be able to set the number slots for weapons and armor. (4 at the most please!)
-To be able to choose what items are considered (from the Item tab in the database) attachments.
-To be able to choose what the attachments do. Only want  stat increases, and status effects. (If the player puts the attachment into a weapon, it can cause poison to enemies, or if they put the player puts the attachment into armor, they will gain poison immunity)
-To be able to add/remove the attachments whenever.
-I do not want the attachments to level up.
- COMPLETELY OPTIONAL (for those that try this!): Easy coding in the script (for example WeaponID [amount of slots] or ArmorID [amount of slots] or with the attachment ItemID [ 'stat' + number increased, StatusID]

How it looks: I was kind of hoping that it would work something like this. They player goes into the Item menu, and selects the weapon/armor they want.A small menu with 2 options will pop up that says "Add" and "Remove". If the player chooses "Add" It will then open up a sub menu that shows all the items (something like when you use an item on a person outside of battle, the sub menu opens up to choose who to use it on). From there the person selects the attachment they want to add. I also would like to somehow (not exactly sure how) show the amount of attachments are already on the weapon/armor. And if the person chooses the "Remove" option, they can remove the attachment, and have it placed back into the inventory.

I realize that this is a HUGE task probably and will need a lot of time/effort to get through. If any one is at least interested in working on this idea, could you let me know?
Thank you so much for the help!

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.