Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

SO3 Dictionary System

Hello everybody. I need a script that works like the Dictionary system in Star Ocean 3.

The script itself should work like a menu, first you chose what sub-menu you want to enter:
Political Bodies/Places
People
Races
Miscellaneous

And inside every sub-menu you shall chose what information you will read, when it is chosen, the script should display a message wherein the desired information stands.

The dictionary shall be called through "call script" and not through the menu.

The dictionary will be updated as words that need explanation is encountered in normal text messages, I was thinking that when a comment mentions a headline (the headline in the sub-menu). That headline should now be ready to entered and the content of this headline shall be displayed.

Thanks in advance ^_^

I am doing the Encylopedia part as well.

I can use something fairly basic and similar to what I did in the multiple languages system, where it can read the text before it is displayed, change the color of the word to a defined key word color, and the word is added to the dictonary.

You just have to set up a constant with all the words that will be key words, and a descritive text for information on each word.

I finished the Word Encyclopedia at work today. Works like a charm.

I will push for the NPC Details and such by Friday, but no promises, as I am working on about 10+ scripts at the same time to get everything done asap.

Injury

Awesome Bro

what happened to this? I would love to use this kinda of encyclopedia system on my game. I have tried using your script seph, but the thing doesn't work. It comes up with a 'undefined method state for SDK Module

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.