Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Small Battle Add-On: Runes

Custom Battle System (Mod): Runes
VX Script
Detailed Description:
If you have known about the Death Knight from the Game World of Warcraft,
you should probably know 90% of what I'm requesting for.

What I'm looking for is a Script that allows a specific class to use Runes.

Example
#Allowed to use Runes = [Class ID]
Allowed = [4, 7] # Class ID 4 (Priest) and ID 7 (Dark Knight) are able to use Runes

The Rune's Amount and/or Power (Power as in if the Rune is inactive or active via charging every turn)
is stored in a Variable.

The Script sees if the Rune is charged (in this case, the Variable should be 100)
and if not, the Player must wait another turn to use that skill, that is based on rate of power regeneration
(as a example, +50 to the Variable --> 2 turns, +33...34 --> 3...4 turns, +25 --> 4 turns, etc.)

The Skills ID should be in the script that interacts with the Variable ID that it needs in order to work.

Example (I'm sorry, but I'm no master at RGSS2 Scripting)
#[Variable ID] = [Skill ID]
[4] = [7,9,12] #[4] being the Variable ID stored as the Rune 1 is needed to use the Skill
[5] = [5,6,10,13] #[5] being the Variable ID stored as the Rune 2 is needed to use the Skill
[4,5] = [14,15,20] #[4,5] being the Variable ID stored as the Rune 1 and 2 is needed to use the Skill

Something like that.

Another thing I would like very much is that the when Skills are used, they generate Runic Power
in which other Skill might use Runic Power instead of Runes.

Example
#[Skill ID] = [Runic Power]. In this case, Runic Power is the Actors MP
[1,4,7] = [12] # Skills 1,4 and 7 generate 12 Runic Power
[3] = [20] # Skill 3 generates 20 Runic Power

I am sorry if I got this totally wrong.
I don't know how to deal with the HP and Mp and other crap in scripts
Unless it's like [Class_ID] = [Actor's MP] + [Runic Power] I truly don't know :|

Other Scripts I am using (in order):
▼ Materials

• Subclass Script - Yanfly
    Enemy Scan - Yanfly
    Map Blurring - Khoa
    Omegas7 Module (Achievements) - Omegas7
    IconView - Yanfly
    Skill Slots - Yanfly
    Currency System - Onidsouza
    Custom MP Classes - Doesn't display Author
▼ Yanfly Engine ReDux

• YERD Display Party Data
    YERD Display Skill Query
    YERD Display Victory Aftermath
    YERD VAEP Gain JP

Bump.jpg

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.