Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Slot Machine

Ok, well ive been wanting a slot machine for my game and was wondening if anyone can make me one.
I hope these pictures show enough detail of what i want it to look like.
This is what i want it to look like before you place your wager.

http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj12 ... quest1.png[/img]
After wards, it will look something like this.

http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj12 ... equest.png[/img]
Then it will ask you if you want to play again.

Ok, so let's say I have 4 different combinations you can have,
one gives 1.25x more G than bet, another 1.5, and another 1.75, and the last 2.
When you place the wager, it should subtract it from your total gold and if you win, it gives back the amount of gold times the amount of the prize.
And if you could also tell me how to call it.

And one more unrealated topic. What is the comment event used for?

Hmm...I've been thinking about working on a slot machine script...I might take a look at this.

As far as common events, they are simply events that are accessible from any point in the game. Where map events are only available on the map they're on, common events can be called anywhere. You can set them to run on parallel process (once a switch is on), autorun, and call ("none"). To call a common event, use the button "Call Common Event" on the first page of "Event Commands" it's the third one from the bottom, first column, first page.

poccil

Sponsor

I believe he really does mean "Comment" event commands rather than common events.  Comment event commands serve no purpose on their own, but some scripts rely on them to determine whether they should activate, among other things.

But the main topic here is a slot machine, rather than Comment/common events.  I would first prefer to ensure that the graphical mechanism of the slot machine works first, that is, the scrolling pictures.  I wonder if that was done already.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.