Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Skill Learning System Request

Script Title:
Skill Learning Script

RMXP or RMVX:
RMXP

Detailed Description:
This script will allow the player to learn a new ability by equipping the skill, and then earning enough EXP while the skill is equipped. Each skill has a fixed amount of EXP required to learn it. The EXP earned is the same stat he uses to level up. For example, if monsters award 10 EXP each and the skill requires 25 EXP to learn, the player would need to kill 3 monsters in order to learn the skill. New skills are added to the available pool via a script command in an event. Some skills will require that the character know previous skills. For example, the character cannot learn Fire 2 unless he already knows Fire 1. They can also affect attributes. Ice 2 could increase INT by 10, for example.

Screen shots:
skilllearning.png
Other Scripts I am using (in order):
currentscripts.png
Link: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=62914

Skills learning system by charlie lee. Check out rmvxpuniverse or rmuniverse or whatever it's called to get it; he doesn't let any other site use it.

I'm not kidding. Your request is EXACTLY what the script is. I give no guarantee with other script compatibility though.

Daxisheart":2rhcp189 said:
Skills learning system by charlie lee. Check out rmvxpuniverse or rmuniverse or whatever it's called to get it; he doesn't let any other site use it.

I'm not kidding. Your request is EXACTLY what the script is. I give no guarantee with other script compatibility though.

Just tried it out. Although it is pretty much what I'm looking for, it's not compatible.

Then we'll make it compatible. Just let me ask Atoa a few things...
EDIT: just tried, it looks like it works fine with the the Tanketai BS's demo... the multi-slots add-on, which i don't see in the demo, could be a problem...

Atoa

Certainly the problem is the Multi-Slot.

In the multi-slot i don't use the normal RMXP @weapon_id, @armor_id1 and such.
Instead i use an system more like VX. i store weapons on an array named @weapons and armors in an array named @armors.

It shouldn't be hard to compatibilizem them.

I also rewriting some ACBS methods to increase compatibility.

Once i relase the ACBS final version, i will make some patches to useful scripts, like the Charlie Fleeds ones.

Placing the learning system scripts under the ABCS main battle code fixed that error for me.

There are still a few issues though. the after battle fase processes twice, and tends to lock up if a skill is learned.

I havent managed to fix the prolem without any even worse errors cropping up so far.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.