Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Site Turbulence

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to get this posted quickly because I don't know when the forums are going to experience problems next, but the site and forums are experiencing problems in two ways at one time. The hosting seems a little shaky, as it's often slow to load or doesn't load at all and the databases are messing up quite frequently... I've fixed them four or five times in the past hour or so. If you get a written error (database error), that's an error I can fix. If the site just will not load or loads very slowly, that's a hosting error, which I cannot fix.

I just want to say that the hosting errors I can't do anything about but please do know that I'm working to keep the forums up as well as I can. I'm constantly checking to make sure everything's okay and fixing them as soon as I can.

Should you need to talk to me for whatever reason (questions, comments, complaints, etc.) I am available in the #rmxp chat channel on IRC (EsperNet). You can access it using the JavaChat link on the top of this page (before we experience problems again) or by downloading your own IRC client (mIRC, Trillian, etc.) I hope that the site stabilizes just as much as you do.

Sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Me too, I keep having database errors, but DZ is doing a great job, the most time i got without acessing the site was about 5 min... so keep going DZ, hope this problems get solved fast!

I didn't notice that you were given Management. Is it temporary until Erk and/or Ccoa return?

Well yeah, I had been experiencing the same problem(except for the slow server thing) I had been meaning to ask you about it, but it seems like it has tipped your patience as well, seeing how you posted about it. Too bad we still can't figure out the download manager problem. :P

Nin

@9mm:Yes, read ccoa's "Fun in the sun" topic in this forum.

@DZ: Omgz evry teim i try 2 post it scrws up

Ok, seriously: I hope like hell that this doesn't turn into a big problem like the one at .net. I don't know the detailed stuff so I shouldn't make assumptions like that, but good luck keeping this under control.

Actually, I'vw only gotten one Database error in the past week. And, I didn't get no hosting problems yet. Hmm...strange. Good luck keeping it under control, DZ.

Erk

We'll be switching hosts when I have time to enact a change.

HI EVERYONE, FROM TOKYO. I'm in Japan now. I'll post about it for real in a sec but this is my first ever post-from-Japan so I thought i'd add that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.