Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Simple Zelda-style item gaining

darmak

Zelda Style Special Item Scene[/FONT]
Remember back in the days of 16-bit zelda? You would finally reach the end of the dungeon, and open the gigantic locked chest, and that really sweet fanfare would play, and Link holds the item over his head?

http://pawsdarmak.googlepages.com/9.jpg[/IMG]

I would be eternally grateful for a script which would, upon finding an item, show the item's icon picture over the head of the main character, play an SE file, and show a "You found (Item_Name) x (quantity)" and go away when the action button is pressed. This scene needs to automatically run when ANY item, weapon or armor is found in the game. I am aware there are similar scripts, but none of this kind. Perhaps it only requires a quick edit to an existing script.

Thank you so much in advance! I can't wait to see what can be made. My RPG will be finished in about a month and hosted. Appropriate credits shall be made =)

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.