Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

[Simple] Turning off EXP limit to level

This should be fairly simple.

I'd like a way that would turn off how you automatically level up once you gain a certain amount of EXP, but still lets you gain EXP.

Example:

The player is level 1, and ordinarily you would need 50 EXP to get to level 2. The player gets 50 EXP, in fact, lets say he gets 500 exp. Except, he is still level 1. Thats pretty much what I want, but I still want the player to be able to level up, by my usage of the Event Command that raises the player's level.

I would VERY MUCH appreciate that, thank you! ^__^

Also, is there a command or a way to display a variable's amount on the screen? (say, to add an amount that would be displayed when you go into the menu, such as the step counter, but of my own choosing?)

Helping me with both will be very much appreciated, thanks!

i can't really help you with the script.
as for the variable thingey , \v[Variable ID] should work. if not, try replacing the
"\" with a "/".

(i tend to forget what each does......)

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.