Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Simple Side View Battle System (It's made I just can't find it...)

There was a side view battle system on .net where it when you went into battle, the character graphic was facing the left, and it used the same graphic as the characters that you walk with. Above each battler's head was a green bar for hp and a blue bar for sp. Does anyone know what I'm talking about? If so, please post it here. I'm helping my friend make a game, and he wants this battle system. :)

Dang, I remember I had that problem too...I think it has something to do with this. You have to name the battler the same as the character, and make sure the battler is the character set. Then it should work. Wait the battlers name dosnt matter its the graphics name. Meaning you have to rename the .gif or whatever, the name of the character.

ok, you know the name of your character? Name the character set for that character, the exact same as the character. Then in the database, change the battler for that character to the character set. Then I think it should work. And it's ok. If you have any more problems, just send me the game and I'll fix it for you. Then you can look at and see what I changed.

In the hero tab. Below where you put in the name and stuff is two large boxes. One of them says character sprite and the other says battle graphic. Change the battle graphic to the character sheet. And name the character sheet the same as the character. And for all monster basicly do the same thing but in the monster tab. Just pm me if you have any more questions.

Oh god! I'm so stupid! I didn't realize that... Thanks! :)

EDIT: Is there any way to change the speed of the characters? Also, can you make it like Minkoff's/Cogwheel's RTAB+Animation system where the monsters stay still and only the actors move? Thanks.

I thought the monsters do stay still...hmm, well anyways, sorry I can't help you any further. I suck at scripting ;P Well anyways, no problem. Also if you click the link in my sig, one of the last posts in there has a script too, it might be a different version of the same battle system or something. Check it out.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.