Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Simple Diary Script

Detailed Description:
What I'm looking for is, what I believe to be, pretty simple.Other scripts I've found are just a bit overly simple or way too complex.

I need a script that can be called from the menu screen that takes you to another window with diary entries. I'd like to be able to name these entries(a simple date) and have them appear/trigger via switches. When a date is clicked on, I'd like it to take you to another window that will have plain text which I'd like to have control over as well. I'd prefer I be able to write several lines(or as much as possible) but maybe and usually 10-15 lines would be ok. I'd also like if I could choose the font for it and if it all possible, I'd like some cosmetic features you'd find in microsoft word such as BOLD, ITALIC, UNDERLINE, and CENTER but are not absolutely necessary.

sbubdi.jpg

Don't really need a screenshot of a blank page do I?

Other Scripts I am using (in order):
The main problem I have with compatibility is the XAS CBS. It's a bit large to post(7000+ lines) but will post it upon request. Otherwise, here's the link:
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=36855
I'm not using SDK or MACL but wouldn't mind adding them in.
Anyways, here are the rest of my scripts. Again, will post upon request.

Advanced Time System
Advanced Weather System
Particle Engine
Advanced Message System
MOG CMS

I appreciate any consideration in my request!

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.