Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Simple battler animation (non sideview)

It's been awhile since I've posted, but I've come into some free time and I was unable to find a script to do what I wanted.

I would just like a simple script (SDK and RTAB compatable) that changes the character's battler image based on the action being taken. Essentially, the character will be the default battle image, but say when Attack is selected, it changes the battler image of your attacking character to an attack pose for a brief moment then returns to the default state. I'm using RTAB with the script that creates delay based on attack, and would like to be able to use the following poses:

Default, Attack, Item Use, Defend, Damaged, Magic Casting, Magic Use, Skill Casting, Skill Use.

So a breakdown of what would be happening is the battle starts, and it's the default image of my character. I select Fire from the magic menu, which takes 5 seconds to cast. So, for the next 5 seconds it should show the Magic Casting pose and then go to the Magic Use pose for about 1 second, then return to the default image.

I suppose for ease of creation, the script could be set up to allow users to assign different images to all different skills in the variable setup area.

I hope it's not too vague? Or if such a script exists, I'd appreciate being pointed in that direction.

Thanks

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.