Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Simple ABS With events, help!

Hi everyone, I just want to start off my apologizing if this is somewhere else, I've looked around and I've had trouble finding the answer. My RPG uses the regular battle system, but there is one point in the game where I want it to work like an ABS on just a couple of guys, but I want to do it with events.

So right now, I have my main character fighting a demon. I put a variable on the demon so that when the player uses the action button on it, the variable goes up by one and makes the "hit" animation on the demon. Once the variable hits 10, the demon explodes and dissapears. No problem!

The issue I'm having, however, is giving the character a similar variable in order to take damage. I don't want to mess with the characters real HP on this part, so I put in a variable similar to the demons, and when it hits 10, you lose the fight and get teleported to a different map. Off to the side, I made a parallel process to make the demon move towards the player. Now I want to make it so that when the demon touches the player, the hit animation will go off on the player and the variable for the players HP will go up by one. The problem, though, is when I make an event page that does this on the demon, it is impossible to hit the demon because I am using the "event touch" option to deal damage to the player, so when the player presses spacebar to hit the demon, he takes the hit instead of the demon.

So, where am I going wrong here? Can anyone give some insight on how to do this correctly? Thanks a ton for any help!

Um this is what another person did, They made it so that when your character attacks he attacks the space 2 spaces infront of him. So if all else faces make hero use a 2 space range attack instead of a in your face attack.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.