Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Side view battle system (only one hero)

Redman

Sponsor

Hey there!

I really tried to search all around the forums but I didn't find anything which actually matches with the battle system I'm looking for.
I really hope someone of you can help me out because I have absolutly no experience in scripting.

I'm looking for a side view battle system which is for one hero and his assistant (who only appears from time to time) only.
I have a very clear picture in my mind how it should look like. I tried to put my ideas into a simple picture that should explain
a lot.

battlesystemff3.png

The lower right box is quite tricky.
The player's portrait and HP, SP bars should be centered when he is alone.
Only when the assistant joins the party it should look that way with both portraits shown.

I'd like to use animated battlers using this template:
Mutsu_btl.png

(Battler by: Dollmage)

Any help would be greatly apprechiated!
Did I forget something? Please, don't hesitate to ask.

Thank you in advance,
~Red

EOG

I've never tied anything like that before but I've got ideas how to make it(I mean the battle system 'cause windows are easy).
Questions:
1. Do you want max 2 enemies on the map or it's just a sample.
2. Does assistant is being summoned(added) to fight during the battle or at the start?
3. Does it need to work with SDK?
4. Do you want to use database to set enemies?
5. How fast do you need the script?
6. Are the animations on sample battler:
-stand
-taking damage
-weak
-defend
-run(to attack)
-evade
-atack1
-atack2
-???
-bad condition(poison; confused)
-dead

I can start to work on it next week.

Redman

Sponsor

Ah, that would be great!

1. No that's just an example.
2. The assistant is a normal character who joins your party out of battle and assists you while fighting.
(Generally another hero)
3. Definitely not.
4. Yes.
5. It's not that urgent. Just as fast as you can work, doesn't matter when the results are awesome :wink:
6. Ehm... Well I have actually no idea.
This battler should be the standard, someone told me.
Maybe you know a real template (since I could not find any out there) which fits.
I'll leave that to you.

Thank's a lot!
~Red

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.