Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Show Picture Behind Game Window

McP

I'd like to request a script, that might be a bit complicated since it exceedes the game a bit.
Since its easier to understand when you see it, I'll show you a picture of what i want:
PICTURE
sry for poor quality, made in paint^^

So as you can see i would like the Game have a nice Background while playing.
My Game will be run in windowed mode and to preserve the RPG atmosphere instead if having all the desktop icons and probably chat windows in the bg, i'd like a Picture overlaying the desktop.

additional Features that would be great:
-check for current monitor resolution and change the bg to a specified picture,
having pictures of multiple resolutions stored in the pictures folder

i hope somebody is interested in this request and takes it.
THX

I think there?s no way without hacking the Game.exe or rmxp.exe, beacuse the exe files setup the standard Window.

The only thing you can do is change to Fullscreen..

Mac

This can be done...and it can look a whole lot better....look for one of selwyns scripts that reduces the windows and then use another viewport to make a background behind it.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.