Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Shooting/Gun Script

Right. A SHOOTING Script. Not a hit someone with a sword script. A "you press a specific button and a bullet fires from your character straight ahead to the target" script. It needs to have specific functions. These functions are machine gun, pistol, and rocket launcher. These can be changed within the script.':| Now I've got that over with.

When your chracter doesn't have a weapon equipped, a buzzing noise is heard when he attempts to fire his weapon, and no action is made. When you have a pistol equipped, it shoots once every 3 seconds (provided you have the button pressed). It reloads after seven bullets are fired, which takes 6 seconds. A clicking noise is made if you try to shoot whilst reloading. After it has reloaded, you can shoot again.

We need an actual clip counter, that shows up on the screen. Preferably down the bottom right hand corner, just two numbers - one that says how many bullets are left in the clip, and the other says how many clips are left. When there are no clips and no bullets, there is just two dashes. For exampe:

7 / 4
How many bullets - how many clips

Machine guns and rocket launchers are obvious, and there should be two different animations when the bullet leaves the player and when it hits the target.:D

Thank you for whoever makes this script. It will make me and Neopilos happy. Thanks again.

I will post dud screenies soon! Thanks.

Point of fact:
You want this system to work with an ABS system like Prexus's or Mr. Mo's and NOT for a Strategic Battle system (an ATB like RTAB or CTB like the default).

Dunno about all the features, but I think Mr.Mo's system has some missile-firing capabilities already.

Hey,

Prexus's ABS can be found Here!

I hope this is what you are looking for.

~K
(Oh yeah, Im translating a Non-Battle Shooting thing from Japanese website, If you'd like, I give you the translated copy (When Im done with it) )

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.