Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Shadowrun (SNES) ABS

One of my most fond memories is playing the game Shadowrun on the snes summers ago. Im a little confused as to why developers do not make games like this, modern rpgs, anymore.

If anyone remembers Shadowrun, it had a simple battle system which basically required a button press to go into "attack" mode and an aim reticule would appear. The reticule could be moved by the player with the main character facing the direction of the aim reticule. When the aiming reticule was on an enemy, a button press would cause the weapon to fire and damage would be displayed. Thats it.

Also, the enemies were most often shooters too and their damage never missed you so basically you shot as fast as you could press until you enemy was dead. Other enemies would approach and attack, but thats standard RPG Maker ABS stuff. The shooters I thought would be difficult to create.

I was hoping to use this battle system for a modern/future action rpg and was dissappointed when similar battle systems turned up short. Its very versatile and I think many could make use of it.

If someone makes this system, I will be extremely grateful.

Heres a picture
http://www.coolrom.com/screenshots/snes/Shadowrun%20(2).gif[/img]

This is very possible using events rather than scripts. It might be easier to do it yourself rather than wait for somebody to make the script for you. I've made something similar before actually.

Anything is better than nothing. The hard part for me was making an enemy ai that shoots at you when you appear and also having damage displayed. If you have anything remotely similar to what I described, it will be fine with me.

BTW, my event making talents arent at that level. I can do very little outside of switches and I would prefer a plugin script.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.