Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Set Items

Ikarru

Is it possible that you guys can create a script where you get extra stats from equipping a set? I looked on the RMXP Index and there was none.

Specifics:
For example, say that there is a set called Blaze.

If you equip Blaze Helm, Iron Armor and Blaze Shield, you get no bonus. However, if you were to equip Blaze Helm, Blaze Armor and Blaze Shield, you get a strength+10 bonus and HP+150 bonus. This is only conditional to when you have ALL of the set items equipped at the same time for the character.

Is it possible someone could make this script for me or find a link to lead me to it?

Ikarru

This is almost what I was asking for. What I meant was that when you have all of the set pieces equipped, it would influence the stats of the character.

I'll explain in as much depth as I can.

Say you have Player with the current armor.
Iron Shield: 1 Def
Iron Helm: 1 Def
Iron Armor: 2 Def
Total stats are at 4 Def.

Say you have the second character wearing...
Iron Shield: 1 Def
Blaze Helm (Set Item): 3 Def
Iron Armor: 2 Def
Total stats are at 6 Def.

And character 3 has all of the Blaze Set items equipped.
Under the conditions of equipping Blaze Shield, Helm and Armor, Def is increased by 4 and Strength is increased by 3. So it's this:
Blaze Shield: 3 Def
Blaze Helm: 3 Def
Blaze Armor: 4 Def
Total stats are at 10 defense HOWEVER! You have the full Blaze set equipped so it is actually 14 Def and Strength+3.

So to make it all short, you only get a special bonus if you have ALL the set items equipped, not just one. I need this to be able to be changed in the script to say which set increases what stat when all items are equipped of that set and also what armor piece is in each set.

Would entail detailing what constitutes a set...

One set... let's call it 'Chainmail' would be merely an armor set and would include a chainmail coif (that's a helmet of chainmail) , a chainmail suit or armor, and chainmail gloves (leather with chainmail overtop. Three armor items only

Another set... let's call it 'Holy Paladin' would include a sanctified broad sword, full-plate armor, a full helm, coat of arms and a religious token. One weapon and four armors.

Best bet would be a system that adds a 'set' value into the already existing weapon and armor classes. This value (1 to whatever) identifies which group a weapon or armor piece belongs. It's assumed that this value is defaulted at '0' but would be set into the weapons and armor when the game starts (either in-script or the 1st auto-run event).

And another part of the system stores how many items constitutes a set, so set #1 may have 3 items, set #2 has 5... and etc. All-in-all, this is checked whenever items are equipped or unequipped.

Problem lies with HOW to check... The best solution could entail with a hero having 'TWO' sets possible (where one set has a weapon and two armors and another set being two other armors) unless you have some multi-slot system... *cough* *choke* *gasp*

Thinking about it, but got other stuff on my mind too...

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.