Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Server Move

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erk

I am preparing to move RMXP.org from our current subpar hosting service to one with a much better record in terms of reliability, speed, and SQL support. I recommend people make sure their backups are up to date, not because I think anything will go wrong but because it is always a good idea to be safe. I will make a DVD backup of everything before I clear our stuff from the site5 server but paranoid saving never hurt anyone.

|3_32

Sponsor

Will this play with any sponsership stuff?

And does it mean we won't be getting those database errors every five minutes?

Anonymous

HostGator, yeah. Apparently they have a pretty good track record!

also yeah the database errors are pretty much th ebiggest reason for the server change i think! they will be gone hopefully.

Erk

It is hostgator and so far their service has been very good.

it should not affect sponsorship stuff, one of my criteria was that we could move the sponsor material over without problems.

Tdata

Sponsor

1and1 is all that bad... Except thier CS who can't answer a question of what the include path for perl is... And the fact that it is a tri-month "Contract"...

I have hostgator too. It's been extremely reliable and the one time that they've ever had server problems, the admin flew himself to Texas to talk with the people who owned the servers and get the problem solved. Never experienced any problems after that. Talk about dedication.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.