Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Seph's Battle Switching & Summoning for RTAB

this would be uberly sweet if someone (preferably seph) could make Battle Switching & Summoning work with DerVVulfman's RTAB that we have on our forums.

Saw your post, but I won't be able to get to it... at least not for a while. I'm pretty tied up. Ya outta see all the requests I've received for Anim Battlers alone...

Best bet it to see how to edit or patch the Battle Switching script to work with RTAB (by Cogwheel). Minkoff had the same reaction. Everyone thought HE wrote RTAB too :D And, I just translated and uploaded v 1.16 of RTAB itself (newly upgraded 7-30-06).

I haven't looked at Battle Switching but if you wanna try to tackle this let me point out that a lot of defs used in RTAB adds an extra argument.

Example:
DBS. Statement: def update_phase4_step1
RTAB Statement: def update_phase4_step1(battler)[/FONT]

Instead of using a @battler value that runs throughout the battle system, almost each statement RTAB uses requires an extra parameter. This is so the battle system can control all the battlers in a free-form Action System one at a time. If they used a global value like @active_battler, the free-form system would get confused if one battler's ATB reaction overtakes another.

Don't get me wrong. I definitely like the idea of being able to switch players during battle. I'm also waiting for a script (RTAB that is) that will allow players to equip/remove GEAR when fighting.

yea, im still very basic at scripting, and im learning still but im getting through, i cant do the whole battle system scripting things yet so i wont attempt it.. im just hoping someone might help right now... but for now ill just wait..

that gret your working on a in battle equiper!

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.