Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Separate Inventories

I need a script that can make separate inventories in the items pocket.

This shouldn't be too difficult, since I'm using the default menu system for RPG Maker XP.

How I need this to work:
I already edited the item window script to display only one item per row, so I need the inventory to switch using left and right on the items menu. I need a separate inventory for Key Items, HP Restoring Items, SP Restoring Items, and Battle Items. If it helps, I arranged the items in the database like this:

Items 1 - 23 are Key Items
Items 24 - 40 are HP Restoring Items
Items 40 - 45 are SP Restoring Items
Items 46 - 60 are Battle Items. Those are all the items I have.

OR, they can be arranged by the element they're assigned to.

Element 18 = Key Items
Element 19 = HP Items
Element 20 = SP Items
Element 21 = Battle Items

One more thing, If there can be a window displayed above the item description that says which inventory you're in (and have arrows on the sides of that window to let the player know they can press left and right to switch inventories).

Here's a screen shot I made to show what I mean:
http://www.carrotworks.net/IV.png

Sorry if it seems like I'm asking for too much. Help is appreciated

Is this for Steve RPG?

There is a seperate menu script that has an Item inventory set up for that.

http://dssforums.vndv.com/STCMS.html

Unfortunatly it doesn't seperate your hp sp and battle items, but seperates key items.

It has an equipment list.

And also has an options list where you can change windowskins, fonts, battle bgms and volume.

Which can be deleted with a bit of editing.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.