Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Script with In-game Variables

I have a Variable named [001: Mining Exp]
and another that says [002: Mining Lvl]

I have created exp lvl thing (on pen and paper) and would like that whenever a certain amount of Exp. goes up the Lvl goes up also. If thats not the scripting part then this is, How can i put the [002: Mining Lvl] and build that info into what already is the 'Main Menu' for exm: Mining Level: \v[2], where it updates that info?

I hate to ask all these questions that might seem simple to you guys. Im currently studing my scripting for dummies, Attribute tutorials, Variables UNmystified, and slowly but surely progressing. I appreciate all the help i can get, im a one man person slowly learning how to make a game :)

Like this?
Code:
class Scene_MiningLevel < Window_Base

def initialize
    case $game_variable[2]
    when 0..50
      @mining.lvl += 1
      refresh
    when 50..134
      @mining.lvl += 1
      refresh
    when 135..999999999
      @mining.lvl += 1
    refresh 
    end
    $game_variables[1] = @mining.exp
    $game_variables[2] = @mining.lvl
    @mining.exp = 1
    @mining.lvl = 1
  end
end
sorta like that? Not to clear of how to start, or really go about it

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.