Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Script to randomize battle backgrounds in XP

Script Request Template
This is a request for a new script

Script Title:Battle background randomizer

RMXP or RMVX:RMXP

Detailed Description:
OK, here's the deal. I am sick of the "1 battle background per tileset" crap in RMXP. I need a script that will allow me to use the terrain tags to assign a battle background; i.e. a desert image for the desert terrain, a forest image for a forest terrain, etc. But, I need a randomizer that will allow me to use 3 different images for each type and randomly assign one of the three for each battle so that not every battle in a forest or desert has the same image.

For example, when I trigger a battle by walking around in a desert, I get the same image of a desert for every single battle. That gets obnoxious after awhile. So, with a randomizer I get a 1 in 3 chance of a new background in every fight.

Anyway, I don't have a screenshot as I am not home at the moment I'm on a shared public computer

thanks for reading, and here's to hoping for a good script!

Other Scripts I am using (in order):
none

If this script already exists I couldn't find it... :box:

Zeriab

Sponsor

I am afraid I don't have the time to help you at the moment.
I can show you an event system which have functionality of battle background changing depending on the terrain tag.
You could modify it to make it change random among a number of backgrounds every 5-10 seconds or so.
You could also wait for a script. I don't want to force you to event the system. I just want to help by providing a possible alternative.

*hugs*
- Zeriab

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.