Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

[Script Request] RMVXA: Grandia ATB

I am looking for a script to have the same behavior as Grandia in terms of the Time Bar
I have seen this in Penny Arcades OaRSPOD Episodes 3 & 4, and know that both games were made using RPG maker VXAce; They utilized the same time bar system.

To better explain what I'm looking for or rather what I want.
grandia2_030802_032-372396.jpg

On the bottom right is the time bar. Both Enemies and Heroes share this bar. As time progresses, they move right until they hit COM, Enemies choose an action based on their A.I.

After an action is selected, they go through the ACT phase or section of the bar. If the Players or Enemies select Attack or Defend, They go through the ACT phase in about 1 mil-second. If a spell or item was selected, then it takes a little time to go through ACT. (2 seconds for Items, 3-4 for spells & skills)

Some skills in this system delay the enemy from reaching the COM phase, other skills deny the enemy from even performing actions while they're in ACT and usually send the enemy back to the start of the wait phase! The downside is the enemies have the same advantage.

I know in Grandia you can move to dodge skills though I won't ask anyone to do that much, I'm just looking for the Time bar itself and assign which skills or spells deny enemies and delay them and to set how long it will take each skill to get through ACT.

I am even providing Graphics to anyone who would like to attempt to fulfill the request!
Icon_zpsd1101646.png

Bar_zpsdd109c94.png

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.