Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

script for a realistic healer

Script Request Template
This is a request for a new script, an edit or debug of an existing script.

Script Title: realistic healer
Give your script a name, or list the exact name & link to existing script
RMXP or RMVX: xp
select either the VX or XP topic icon. No other topic icons are acceptable here.
Detailed Description:

I was going to try to do this via the rmxp's events but I'm not getting feedback on how to do it and I've looked over it a few times, so I'm thinking I need a script that can do the following:

I'm trying to make a thorough enemy healer, and I'm not entirely sure how to accomplish it. I think I've got how to make it so the healer will revive fellow enemies if they die (used a conditional branch, which then forces the healer enemy to use life on that particular enemy.)

However, now I'm trying to figure out how to make it so the healer will use a single target healing spell when one of its allies is reduced to a certain percentage of hp. I know you can set enemies to use skills when -they- are at a certain % of hp, but I'm not sure how to do it for when other enemies in their 'troop' are at a certain % of hp.

Secondly, I want to know how to make it so that the healer will use a spell to remove statuses on one of its allies if it is inflicted with a status ailment. The spell the enemy will use is a spell that heals almost all statuses, so I just need a way of triggering the spell to be cast on the right person.

Also, should I have the 'reviving skill' and the healing spell and the removing status spell in the 'enemy's' skill list, or only listed in the troops command/event list page?

Sorry if this is confusing, let me know if I can clarify.

Not that good a scripting, but may I throw out an idea?
I know within the "troops" database you can set certain events to happen at certain times. For example, on turn 1 cast shield, turn two say some flavor text and what not. Could you use that to set up what you are talking about?

Something to effect of if mob1 hp is below 10 force attack mob two to heal mob 1?

Well I looked through the events and there is a way to do it if the caster is reduced to a certain % of HP, but I didn't find anywhere that it would work for another enemy's hp reduced to a certain %

JoshC

It's actually not as hard as it seems just a little hidden.

Code:
 Go into the Database Manager:

- Click Troops Tab

Look under -Battle Events-

Click Condition: >

Make sure the Enemy > check box is clicked

Enemy> Choose a monster in the troop to track

<%> Set your percent

Click OK

Click Span: >

Set to > Turn

In the events section:

Right Click : Insert (or double click)

Go to the 3rd Tab

Click on 'Force Action' (2nd Row, 9th Down)

-Battler-

Enemy> The monster using heal

-Action-

Click Skill> Heal

-Action Target-

Set to the Index # of the monster being healed

Leave the rest the same

Click OK

Click OK

Just create a page like this for each monster in your troop.

JoshC

First off I made some modifications to the Event Set in my previous post so be sure to look at it, or you might wind up with some random actions.

Also Note, that along with the heal ability if you want to set a monster to revive fallen monsters, just set a conditional branch in the Events page stating if the enemy is knockout status then use revive else heal.

As for Status Conditons:
Code:
Go into your Database Manager

-Click on Troops Tab

Create a new Events Tab

Under Condition:

Click the Enemy Check Box and put it at 99%

Change Span to Turn

In the Events Box:

Use A Conditional Branch

Click the 3rd Tab and Check Enemy is

Enemy > To the Enemy being watched

Click the Status Button

Change to the Status your going to remove

Un-check Set handling when conditions do not apply

Click OK

Click Events: Force Action

-Battler-

Enemy > using skill

-Action-

Skill > That heals

-Action Target-

> Index of the Enemy to be healed

Leave the rest the same

Click OK

Click OK

I would have just set all the enemies' hp to a variable, then if you were below a certain number, use the troop event list to "force action" your healer to use a skill on them. You can do the same thing for states, but instead just use a conditional branch to check to see if the state is applied.

It's not that tough... I'm using VX, but still. It took a bit to rummage through how to figure this out. Also: JoshC, I have no idea what you mean by "
# Click Condition: >
# Make sure the Enemy > check box is clicked
# Enemy> Choose a monster in the troop to track
# <%> Set your percent
# Click OK

That honestly means nothing to me. "Make sure the Enemy > Check box is clicked"? I'm not sure where you found the "Make sure the Enemy" option at under the condition tab, but I'd like to know.

EDIT: I'm a dumbass. I just realized what you meant by that. I'll leave that stupid comment up there though so you can laugh. : ) Sorry. That works a lot better than my way, by the way. XD Durhh.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.