Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Script EDIT

Okay, I'm down to my last string here. I've been looking at ABS' all day and been trying to figure out a way to get them to work for my project. I did get one that would work best, just needs to be jazzed up some. But I can do the jazzing.

I decided to use Mr.Mo's ABS. But there are some problems with it that I can't fix mys. Not sure if any of you have a thing about editing other peoples scripts but if you can I need it so you can not attack the events that are supposed to be your allies, and a way so I can use party members in a way where they can level up as well.

For the not attacking ally problem I tried to find a way to set it so your character can not attack events that do not have you in it's hate group. (The script works on what is called hate groups. "Comment: Hategroup 1 = attack monster ID 1. 0 = your character.". So basically your character can not attack events that are supposed to be your allies because that'd mess up the story line big time if you can go around killing your mates.

For the party members I thought about some far fetched ideas that would never work once I tried... The Mr.Mo's ABS right now is set up so when your party leader dies it switched him out with someone else which is pretty lame. I need it so your party members gain levels as normal but since the ABS only uses Monster Id's and events It's hard to do while trying to have them fight along side you in an ABS style combat. If you aren't familiar with the script then what I type probably sounds like a bunch of gibberish so I'll post the link to the Demo.

If anyone knows how to do any one of these I'd be extremely appreciative. At my limits of trying to fix this thing lol.

This is the link to Mr.Mo's ABS.

http://www.rmxp.org/forums/showthread.php?t=9304

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.