Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

RTAB compatible skill effects

I really need dynamic skill effects such as stat buffs/debuffs, shell, protect, reflect, magic sword, etc. Are there any sets of these that are compatible with RTAB? I seem to remember trying some different scripts but they would all freeze up battles cuz I was using RTAB.

Bingo.

Basic default settings use the value @active_battle, and instance value that can be reused for multiple battlers as it performs one battler's actions first... then another... and another.

Cogwheel's RTAB and his CTB (a variation) uses the local value of battler which they copied from the Interpreter class. As it is a local value, each actual battler's actions can be performed while other battlers are performing their own.

So you have to account for the new 'battler' value as it must be called in every routine in the system. Oh, and there's more to mess with... not just merely replacing values.

But, I doubt I will be avble to convert 'ALL' the features for the Cogwheel system... most, but not all.

Well...since I'm an idiot and don't understand what you just said, don't worry about it lol.

I downloaded the demo and there's only like one of the effects I needed anyway...so it probably wouldn't be worth it to do all that work.

But I suppose if it could work without the SDK (and maybe without whatever MACL is...things like that seem to always conflict with my scripts), and with RTAB I would use it.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.