Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

RTAB add-on (WEIGHT)

I was just wondering if someone could help me make an add-on to the RTAB system to add a weight feature, i just want to be able to add weight to armor and weapons and have it effect that ATB gauge in battle..

for example - My main character's equipment is a bronze sword and bronze armor. the sword weighs 35 lbs. and the armor weighs 65 lbs. (im not exactly sure how to calculate this, but.. ) it should slow down the ATB bar in battle with the heavier equipment you have equipped.

i hope someone gets what i'm trying to request. if it helps i got the idea from "Breath of Fire 3" so if anyone has played that game you should know what im talking about.

thanx.

That.... is actually... an interesting idea.

But if the weapon is that cumbersome to wield and would slow you down, it would understandably affect the attacking dexterity, correct?

No. First thought would be to change the ATB's use of the agility score to the dexterity score, but if the character was using weaker weapons that gave lower dex bonuses... That won't do.

Need a new stat applied which is a multiplier to the agility score or something percentage wise that affects the agility value used in the AT bar increase system.

It'll be a new stat for the weapon (like @weapon_speed) which will be in the range of (-50 to 150) for a decrease to half-speed to 150% speed bonus.

But it will probably have to be a direct edit on the end-user's part.

well then in that case can someone show me how to make a new stat, i dont need it to show in the menu, but if someone else wants to use it, maybe i guess, i have no idea where to begin with something like this.. haha the best i can do is maybe make a bar for it once i have the new stat. other than that... nuthing..

haha i stopped to think a bit sorry,
but cant you just make a script that allows you to add or subtract a number from the character's agility stat? or is that basically what you said? haha i'm a little dumb, thinking to hard.. lol.

I know this won't help much, but maybe can bring you guys some ideas.

Well, in Ragnarok Online, you have weight penalties:
1. You can attack normally and recover your HP / SP (it's permanent regen there).
2. When you hit more than 50% of your weight limit, you can attack, but your regen status is cancelled.
3. When you reach 90% of your weight limit, you cannot attack anymore, allowing you only to walk.

There goes something I thought (and maybe that's what xthexendxhasxcomex had imagined: if your weight reaches some %, your delay will increase, for attacking and setting actions, just like the rtp ticks of an RTAB add-on (forgot the name)... Am I right?

that does sound pretty interesting but the only thing that i really wanted was just to have your ATB Gauge fill up slower based on how much weight your equipment is. for example, if your weapon weighs say 13 lbs, your ATB Gauge would fill up at a 98% rate instead of the normal 100%, being that every 5lbs would slow your character's gauge down by 1%. i dont really want to have a regenerating HP/SP without somekind of magic used anyway. and the thing about not being able to attack once you're that much overweight.. it just doesnt really sound good to me, like if everyone in party was overweight than the only thing you could do in battle would be to escape from battle... which might work, but what if you have a boss battle.. you'd be screwed, you would have to get gameover, plus having a weight limit would mean that it wouldn't just deal with the equipment, which would also mean that you would have to have another script to make the party have their own item bag. I don't really want to individual item bags in my game, so that wouldnt work for me.. sorry, but it was a nice idea. maybe whoever does this script could possibly add in those features, and make it so that you could turn them off.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.