Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

RPGVX Celestriad Script-Resolved

In FFVI, there was an accessory called the celestriad. It reduced the MP cost of all spells to 1. Could anyone make me a script that would allow me to include an accessory like that in my game? Thanks.

poccil

Sponsor

Here's how such an item can be implemented.  Put the script below in a new script section, under "Insert here", in the script editor.  Change the "29" shown here to the armor ID for the celestriad.

Code:
class Game_Battler
  CELESTRIAD_ID = 29 # Change 29 to the armor ID for the celestriad
  alias :petero_celestriad_Game_Battler_calc_mp_cost :calc_mp_cost
  def calc_mp_cost(skill)
    if self.is_a?(Game_Actor) && self.equips.include?($data_armors[CELESTRIAD_ID])
       return skill.mp_cost>1 ? 1 : skill.mp_cost
    end
    return petero_celestriad_Game_Battler_calc_mp_cost(skill)
  end
end

Edit:  Made a small fix to the script.

Thank you so much for your quick reply! I tried several sites but you're the only one who responded. I'll be sure to credit you in my game. :thumb: Also, is there any way to have 2 or more celestriad items? I want one to be character-specific, and the other to be equippable by everyone.
EDIT: Never mind. I figured it out.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.