Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

RPG Maker VX Turn-based Tactical Battle System

The title says it all. In his blog, SG said it wouldn't be hard, but I wouldn't know where to begin. Here are the things it should include:

1. Grid based movement. On Player Turn, you move your guys their "Movement Ranges", e.g. 5 squares, 6 squares, 8 squares, etc. *NECESSARY TO THIS GENRE*

2. One to two attacks per person per battle, based on speed. If one person's agility is 4+ higher than the other's, they get two attacks and the other gets one attack. Otherwise, they each get one. *OPTIONAL, BUT REQUESTED*

3. Autobattles. You choose spells or weapons to attack with, and you don't even necessarily need to enter the battle screen. They use the selected weapon/spell to attack automatically. *NECESSARY TO THIS GENRE*

4. Weapon Triangle. Swords beat Axes beat Lances beat Swords. There are a few weapons that reverse this, but most follow it. Also, the Magic Triangles. Anima beats Light beats Dark beats Anima. Within Anima there is another Triangle, the Anima Triangle. Thunder beats Fire beats Wind beats Thunder. Magic and weapons don't beat each other/ lose to each other in a Triangle. They work normally against each other. *OPTIONAL, BUT REQUESTED*

5. Class defeat weapons. In Fire Emblem, for example, there were Armorslayers and Poleaxes and stuff like that. Armorslayers dealt increased damage to Knights and Generals. All units on horses were affected in the same way by Poleaxes.

That's it, I think! If you can do this THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart. This is my favorite genre and I know one of you geniuses can make this script! Thanks in advance!

-Shadow Lord

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.